OH my GOD – these are delish – last minute easy. Can you say “breakfast for dinner” or “breakfast for breakfast” – as in anytime!!!!!!
P.S. I have also made these on the grill by brushing each round with oil and grilling them. Equally delicious.
- 1 tube of polenta (from your grocer’s refrigerated section)
- 2 tbsp. good quality oil (more if desired) I like them kinda light on the oil.
- plenty of maple syrup
- Slice polenta into 1/4 inch slices (like bologna shaped). The thinner the cut, the crispier they will get and the better!
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium heat.
- Place pieces in oil. I cover too – as the oil splatters some.
- Cook until browned, turning occasionally.
- Remove from heat and place on plate.
- Serve with earth balance spread and heated maple syrup.
Always a winner. You could also make the polenta from scratch but hey in this case, I have to say, why bother?