Yum, I’ve been making this banana bread recipe since college. It’s easy and deeelicious.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup shortening (earth balance spread)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 bananas
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream sugar and shortening.
- Add eggs.
- Mash bananas with a fork and add baking soda (let sit for a few minutes – they may get slightly frothy),
- Add flour and salt to the creamed shortening mixture. Add bananas and walnuts. Mix well.
- Bake in a greased loaf pan for 60 minutes.