Have you ever looked closely at a black-eyed pea? Well, they are gorgeous. And this soup is scrumptious.
- 1 cup black-eyed peas
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 tsp herbs de provence (rosemary, marjoram, thyme, sage, anise seed and savory) or a combo of above herbs.
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- Pre-soak beans the night before!
- Heat the olive oil in soup pot over medim heat and add onions and carrots. Cook until translucent (about 5 minutes).
- Add the garlic, drained and rinsed peas, bay leaf, herbs de provence and broth.
- Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for about 1 hour on a simmer.
- If you want to, you can blend half of this up and then combine the two portions to make a creamier soup. It’s really good as is too – more brothy.Yum.