Everyone that we make brown rice casserole for, loves it, and asks for the recipe. Here it is:
- 4 tbsp. Earth Balance spread OR 1/2 stick margarine
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 1 1/3 cup long grain white rice
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 10 1/2 oz of Imagine cream of mushroom soup (it’s vegan)
- 1 veg cube dissolved in 10 oz. hot water
- Melt margarine and saute onion, mushrooms and rice until coated (medium heat).
- Stir in everything else.
- Pour into greased casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.