Bruschetta is yummy.
- 1 loaf italian bread or french bread
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped into small pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, chopped finely
- 5 leaves of fresh basil, very finely chopped or 1/2 tsp dried
- 1/3 cup olive oil, plus more for brushing bread
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the bread into 1/2″ slices, brush w/olive oil and toast or broil until browned.
- In bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, garlic and mix.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, olive oil and basil. Add to the tomato mixture and toss together well.
- Take the toasted bread out of the oven and spoon 1 tablespoon or so on each piece of toast.
- Salt and pepper to taste.