This brussel sprout sauté is a simple side dish which is colorful, flavorful, quick and very healthy. It looks fancy but is really quick and delicious.
- 2 cups brussel sprouts cut into quarters.
- 1 cup coarsely chopped shitake mushroom caps.
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped onion
- 1 tbsp Braggs, or soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 tbsp water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in large skillet fry pan. Add pine nuts and cook 2 minutes on medium heat for a little brown color.
- Add the shitake mushrooms and cook for five
- Add the onion, brussel sprouts, pepper flakes and water. Cook on High heat to pan steam the brussel sprouts and cook until they become soft and a bright green color, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in Braggs, or soy sauce and salt and pepper.