Caprese is an Italian classic. Make this in summer with fresh tomatoes, and it is pure bliss.
- 1 large tomato
- 1 large fresh mozzarella
- 10 leaves of fresh basil very coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the mozzarella and tomato into equal numbers of slices.
- Place slices on a serving plate in alternating order – One tomato then one
- Place slices so that the new slice lays a bit on top of
the slice before, perhaps 1/3 of the new slice on top of the previous.
- Add the basil on top, then sprinkle olive oil, salt and pepper….So delicious, so classic