Once again, sweet and slightly spicy deliciousness! Very pretty too. This soup uses a potato to thicken. It can be made without it, but will be thinner.
- 2 cups chopped carrots, (approx 3 large or 6 medium)
- 1 medium potato, peeled and chopped (optional – as thickener)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 T. olive oil
- 2 tsp ginger root, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup soy milk or rice milk
- salt to taste
- In a large pan, combine the carrots, potato, broth, ginger root, garlic, pepper and bring to a light boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the carrots are tender, about ten minutes.
- Pour mixture into a blender, add the olive oil, “milk” and puree. You may have to blend 1/2 at a time, if your blender is not large enought for the whole recipe.
- Pour back into pan and simmer for about 5 minutes.