There are many ways to make cold cucumber soup. Ours is incredibly simple and has a little kick from the hot pepper. It’s a great combination of flavors.
- 6 cucumbers, peeled and seeds removed, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup veggie broth – either cubes dissolved or in the carton
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. sriracha hot chili sauce (or 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper)
- 1 tsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. chopped parsley or cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- After peeling the cucumbers and removing the seeds, coarsely chop.
- In a large blender or food processor, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Can eat immediately or, if preferred, chill in the refrigerator.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve the soup in bowl with cucumber slices as garnish.
A great summer soup.
« « soba noodle salad with asian sesame dressing – (vegan, vegetarian) | shepherd’s pie – (vegan, vegetarian) » »