This salad is wonderful during summer in corn and tomato country. We use corn that we steam ahead of time, and after cooling cut off the cob with a serrated knife. So colorful and healthy and light… This salad just says "Summer".
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 1/2 cup tomatoes, cut into cubes, a bit larger than dice
- 5 large fresh basil leaves, chopped, or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 Tablespoon chopped red onion, or Vidalia onion. (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients in large serving bowl and serve.
Makes 4 servings.