Yummy Vegetarian is back from a vacation in Prague Czech Republic, and I made a soup based on something I had for lunch there. It is simple and tasty- called a “potato” soup, although I think it is really better described as a vegetable soup. I will be putting up some more recipes derived from this trip, so Czech back – boy that’s a bad one…
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped white or brown mushrooms
- 4 small potatoes, peeled
- 3 medium carrots, sliced into nickel sized pieces
- 1 cloved chopped garlic
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon Earth Balance, or other vegetable spread
- 1 T. arrowroot, disolved in 2 T water
- 1 t. Herbs d Provence
- salt and pepper
- Some chopped parsley to garnish
- Saute the onions and mushrooms in the olive oil for 4 minutes to begin to tenderize them.
- Add the carrots and vegetable spread, and saute for another 3 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock, water, potatoes, Herbs d Provence, and garlic.
- Cook under medium heat for another 10 minutes, or until the potatoes and carrots are both cooked.
- Add the milk and arrowroot, and turn off heat and stir. Let sit for another 3 minutes, to thicken a bit.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add a little chopped parsley to each serving, on top.
Simple delicious and from Eastern Europe!