It is so darn simple, but people are always asking “How did you make these delicious mushrooms?” Put them in a roll, slice them up as an appetizer or antipasto, whatever!
- Portobello Mushrooms
- Olive Oil
- Remove stems from mushrooms and discard.
- Either grill whole or if for an appetizer, slice mushroom caps into 1/2 to 3/4 inch slices, (too small will fall apart on grill).
- Dip in bowl of olive oil and put on hot barbeque grill, on medium setting. Most of the oil will drip or burn off, so it’s ok to use a lot.
- Grill for 7 minutes or so on one side, then turn and grill another 5 minutes.
- Make sure mushrooms are quite well cooked – soft.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
Eat hot off the grill or cold – with a small amount of red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar drizzled on top – like Italian antipasto. Another option is to put the whole mushrooms on a bun – for a veggie burger!! You too will be asked “How did you make these?”