This is a very cozy winter vegetable stew. A real comfort food for maximum health…
- 1 package extra firm tofu
- 1 medium turnip
- 1 large baking potato
- 1 broccoli floret chopped
- 2 portabello mushroom caps
- 1 red pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 1 32 oz container of vegetable broth
- 1 cup chopped cabbage
- 1 half cup chopped collard greens
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon herbs d’ provence (or basil)
- 1 can soybeans, or one cup fresh or soaked dry
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon arrowroot (to thicken)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Saute onion, and collard greens, in olive oil, until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients, except vegetable broth, potato, tofu and soybeans, and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring every minute or so.
- Add the rest of the ingredients: potato, tofu, broth and arrowroot and bring to boil, cover and cook 30 minutes on low.
- Salt and pepper to taste.