This miso soup is really tasty and good for you. It is similar to the the miso soup served in japanese restaurants. Makes 4 servings.
- 1/3 cup miso paste
- 4 cups water
- 1/3 block firm silken tofu, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup sliced shitake mushrooms
- 3 scallions, chopped
- dash soy sauce (optional)
- Bring water to a boil and reduce the heat. Add the miso paste and stir to dissolve completely. Do NOT boil the miso.
- Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the shitake mushrooms and tofu. Let simmer for 1 min.
- Top with scallions, dash of soy sauce and serve.