This is a beautiful looking salad that is great on a nice summer evening or with a barbeque….We make ours with cherry tomatoes, but you can use any type, really… Always a hit….
- 1 pint (2 cups) cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- 1 cup fresh plain Mozzarella balls (small) cut into quarters
- A small handful of fresh basil leaves (about 20), coarsely chopped
- 1/2 red onion coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar, or balsamic vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large salad serving bowl combine all ingredients and stir until mixed.
- Do not over mix, because it looks fresher when lightly mixed.