Someone let us in on the secret sauce from NYC’s Italian restaurants. This mildly spicey sauce is great because it cooks so quickly that you can make it while cooking your pasta and it will be done in time. Simple and yummy!
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 28 oz can of chopped tomatoes with juice
- 1/4 tsp hot red pepper flakes
- 1 /4 tsp salt
- Heat oil, add garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add pepper flakes, salt and tomatoes. Cook 5-6 minutes on high, stirring frequently.
- Add lots of fresh basil leaves (tear into pieces)
- Put cooked pasta into the sauce – mix and serve.
This marinara sauce is really easy to make AND really delicious!