try this as an alternative to Reese’s peanut butter cups! submitted by Hi-Fi Hillary. Thanks Hillary.
Peanut Butter Mixture:
- (18 oz.) Natural Organic Peanut Butter
- (1 stick) Earth Balance Natural Buttery Spread (or soy non-hydrogenated vegan margarine)
- (2-1/2 cups) Hain Organic Powdered Sugar, sift if lumpy
- (1/2 cup) Turbinado (natural cane/raw sugar)
- (1 tsp.) Pure Vanilla
- (12 oz.) Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Baking Chips (or Tropical Source, both are vegan)
- (1/2 stick) Earth Balance Natural Buttery Spread (or soy non-hydrogenated vegan margarine)
- Mix peanut butter mixture ingredients in a large bowl then spread into 9” x 13” pan.
- For Chocolate Topping: Melt chips and butter spread together in small sauce pan.
- Spread warm topping onto peanut butter mixture.
- Chill and cut into squares.
« « pad thai | penne alla puttanesca – pasta with olives and tomato sauce » »