A simple recipe for pizza dough and you can’t make a pizza without the dough.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 package quick-rising yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp oil
- 3/4 cup water
- course-grain cornmeal, for dusting
- Combine the flour, yeast, salt and suger in a bowl and mix (or a food processer and pulse)
- In pan, heat 3/4 cup water and oil until warm to the touch.
- Add water & oil mixture to the dry ingredients and knead (or pour liquid into food processor and process until the dough is in a ball).
- Continue to knead for around 3 minutes (or process 1 minute)
- Put the dough in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap for 10 minutes.
- On a lightly floured flat surface, roll the dough out to make your pizza crust.
- Put it in your pizza pan or on a cookie sheet sprinkled with corn meal (optional).
- After you add your toppings, cook at 500° for 12-15 minutes.