One of Jimmy’s favs – it’s fab.
- 4 cups chopped, peeled potatoes
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups thinly sliced leeks (use white part of leeks, discard green tops – wash them thoroughly)
- 1 cup soy milk or milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook potatoes and stock in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Sautee sliced leeks in the oil.
- Stir in leeks and simmer until potatoes are tender (around 10 minutes).
- Puree the above mixture.
- Add milk to the puree.
- Add remaining olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
Get ready for seconds.