Yummy learned some really great recipes as a high schooler when he had neighbors from Italy. Never forgot them. Thanks Rita!!! PS. This also is great for zucchini too!!
- 1 medium eggplant (yummy really likes the white, less bitter kind)
- 1 egg (free range no doubt)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in large skillet (non-stick preferred)
- Scramble egg in wide bowl.
- Slice eggplant into filet-size pieces, about 1/4 inch thick.
- When oil is heated, dip slices in egg and fry on medium heat until nicely browned.
- Salt and pepper to taste and then turn eggplant over and cook other side to nice light brown too.
- Salt and pepper this side too, and remove from pan to serve.
We sometimes put a bit of Parmesan cheese, vegan faux parmesan cheese, or marinara sauce as a topping. This is a great dish to serve as a side with pasta, and can add just a little protein to the meal with the egg. We love this too much for words!!