Sweet Chili Rice – submitted by Jenna.
- Half to 1 cup of white rice
- Half of a white onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- Frozen or fresh vegetables (of your choice)
- Half a can of precooked lentils (or cook up about 3/4 cup)
- 2 tbsp of sweet chili sauce (or buy it)
- Dash of soy source
- 1 tsp of mustard
- 4 tsp of red tomato sauce
- Boil rice until cooked, then set rice aside.
- Add onion and garlic to the pan with a splash of oil. Let cook until onion starts to soften or lightly brown.
- Add vegetables and let simmer for a few minutes.
- Add cooked rice to the pan, and add the lentils and let simmer.
- Now once that’s done, add the sweet chili, soy sauce, mustard, and tomato sauce (of your choice.
- Leave to simmer again for about 5 minutes, then serve ether as a side dish or on its own.