A quick to make tofu scramble is a great scrambled eggs substitute and it can’t be beat for breakfast. Pancakes might give it a run for its money though. Really it’s one of the best dishes in the whole wide world!!! Why not have it for dinner.
- 1 package firm or extra firm tofu
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped – optional
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp bragg’s amino acids OR soy sauce
- 1 tsp turmeric (for color, optional – makes it yellow)
- 1 carrot, minced – optional but it adds some crunch!
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In bowl, crumble tofu – just break it up with your hands.
- In skillet, add oil and onion and heat at medium temperature. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Add garlic and carrots, stir for ~ 1 minute.
- Add crumbled tofu, braggs or soy sauce and turmeric.
- Stir well and cook over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.