This cauliflower broccoli pureed soup came out of having left over raw veggies from the holidays. It is so easy to make, is scrumptious and good for you too! If preferred, you can make it with only cauliflower or only broccoli.
- 1 large chopped onion – chopped thickly
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into large pieces
- 8 flowers or so of broccoli, cut into large pieces
- 8 cups veggie broth – either cubes dissolved or in the carton
- 2 tbsp. minced ginger (could use less if you don’t LOVE ginger)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- In a large soup pot (8-quart), saute the onions in the olive oil for 5 minutes to begin to tenderize them.
- Add the vegetable stock, cauliflower, broccoli, ginger.
- Bring to a boil, turn down and cook at medium heat for another 20 minutes, or until the veggies are cooked.
- Puree using a hand blender or your preferred method
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
So easy to make and simply delicious and healthful! You can’t go wrong here.