Delicious vegetarian meatloaf made with tvp (textured vegetable protein). It is full of flavor and has nice texture. It’s good cold too.
- 2 cups dried TVP
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce or ketchup (or 1/4 sauce, 1/4 ketchup)
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- In a skillet, heat 1 tbsp oil and cook the onions until soft. Add the garlic and cook another minute.
- Mix all the other ingredients together in a bowl and add onions and garlic.
- Let the mixture stand for 10 minutes in order for the TVP to absorb the liquid.
- In a greased loaf pan, pack the mixture.
- Top with a little tomato sauce.
- Bake at 350° for about 1 hour.