This vegan peppered turkey recipe comes to us from Ashely Hunt. I can’t wait to try it. I’m posting it now but when I make it, I’ll add a photo! Give it a try – It sounds delicious.
- 1 cup vital wheat gluten flour
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid hickory smoke
- Additional 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour with seasonings (except agave, liquid smoke and additional pepper), add water and stir until ball forms.
- Knead ball about 10 times pressing into a 6 inch cylinder.
- Put canola oil on a piece of heavy duty tin foil and place cylinder of dough on oil. Wrap tightly (like a sausage) and wrap with another piece of tinfoil.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees (turn over after 1/2 hour).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool to touch.
- Open foil and coat dough with liquid smoke, agave syrup and additional pepper.
- Re-wrap in foil and allow to sit at room temperature till ready to refrigerate.
- Chill for a few hours.
- Open foil and slice into very thin slices.
Use for sandwiches or anything your heart desires. Yum!