Vegetarian Lasagna. For a tasty twist to this version, you could add thin slices of tofu to the layers. If making vegan, use vegan cheese.
- 1 package lasagna noodles, either no cook or the boil in water type
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated (you can use vegan cheese, of course)
- 1 cup mushrooms, sautéed.
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese or vegan parm
- Boil the lasagna noodles, if using that type. Douse in cold water and set aside.
- Have all your ingredients ready for assembly.
- Line the bottom of your greased lasagna pan with sauce, add a layer of noodles (or uncooked noodles), layer with 1/3 of the mushrooms, 1/2 cup sauce, (tofu, optional), and 1/3 of the cheese.
- Now add another layer of noodles and repeat the procedure of layering items. Repeat.
- Add a final layer of lasagna noodles on top, add remaining sauce and sprinkle with extra grated cheese. .
- Bake at 350° for about 50-60 minutes. Uncover and cook another 5 minutes. Let it stand 15 minutes before serving.