Vegetarian or Vegan Shepherd’s Pie! Delicious recipe submitted by Brenda Jacobs Kanapolis. Thanks!
- 2 soy burger patties (meatless) – broken up and ground. Season with
garlic powder and Mrs. Dash.
- 1 small onion
- 1 small green pepper
- 1 celery stalk
- 1/4 c. butternut squash – or zucchini, diced and peeled.
- 1/2 c. stir fry veggies – (frozen)
- 1/2 cup mixed veggies, corn, beans, carrots and peas – (frozen)
- 1 large white potato
- 1 large sweet potato
- shredded cheese (or vegan)
- low sodium salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- Mrs. Dash (sodium free)
- Boil and mash potatoes until soft.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- crumble soy and add onion, green pepper, celery, squash, and stir-fry. Cook 5 minutes on med, or until veg. are tender.
- Cover bottom of pan with the mixture.
- Then add a layer of the mixed veg. to slightly cover soy and veg mixture. Pour the mashed mixed potatoes over veg. Finally, sprinkle cheese over pie.
- Bake on 375 degrees for 10 minutes, or until cheese is thoroughly melted.
Serves 2-4. Yum.