White (Navy) Beans, simple and tasty! Full of protein, high in fiber, filling, low in calories and good for you!!
- 1 Cup dried white beans
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 T. Olive oil or margarine
- Salt to taste
- Soak the beans: Quick method, bring beans in large pot of water to boil, then let sit covered for 2 hours, – or long method, soak overnight in water.
- Drain the beans and rinse, make sure there are no foreign objects, like small pebbles in them.
- Cook beans until tender in a large pot of salted water, about 30 minutes after boil
- Drain beans
- Mix chopped parsley, beans and olive oil and serve
Seriously – this is easy! But so good!!