They say chicken noodle soup is good for the soul. We think making vegetarian chicken noodle soup is even better for the soul. And … this soup is scrumptious.
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 4 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large mushroom, chopped
- 2 vegetarian (or vegan) chicken patties or equivalent, defrosted
- 1 tsp herbs de provence (rosemary, marjoram, thyme, sage, anise seed and savory) or a combo of above herbs.
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1/3 lb pasta (cute little o’s or alphabets or broken spaghetti, preferred)
- Cook pasta in a separate pot.
- Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in soup pot over medim heat and add onions, celery and carrots. Cook until softened (about 10 minutes).
- Add the garlic, mushrooms, herbs de provence and cook another 5 minutes.
- Add the broth.
- Add the cooked and drained noodles.
- Reduce heat to low, cover. Cook about 20 minutes on a simmer.
- Cut chicken patties into thin strips.
- In nonstick skillet, add 1 tbsp oil and heat on medium.
- Add the strips and brown on both sides.
- Cut browned chicken patties into bite-sized cubes and add to simmered soup.
- Stir and serve.
« « cheese quesadillas | chili (vegan) » »