These fresh lemon poppy seed muffins are a great way to start your day. I make these for my mom cuz she loves lemon.
- 2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice – about 2 lemons
- 2 tbsp lemon zest – grate the yellow outside skin of the lemon
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp poppyseeds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine and mix all the dry ingredients in a mixer or bowl.
- Make a well in the above ingredients and add the milk, lemon juice, zest, oil and vanilla.
- Hand mix or mix with blender only until wet ingredients are moistened – do not overmix.
- Pour batter into 12-18 muffin tins.
- Bake for around 25 minutes.
Delicious, moist, tasty lemon muffins!