So good and so good for you!
- 2 cups cold pre-cooked green lentils, either made yourself or from Trader Joe’s
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups steamed brown rice or brown basmati rice, cooled
- 1 tomato, halved, seeded, chopped
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro plus sprigs for garnish
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion (from about 1/4 onion)
- Avocado wedges (optional)
- Lime wedges
- whisk lime juice, oil, garlic, cumin, and sugar in a small bowl to combine. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine lentils, rice, tomato, chopped cilantro, and onion in a large bowl. Pour dressing over and gently mix to coat well; season to taste with more salt and pepper.
- Top with avocado, if using. Garnish with cilantro sprigs and lime wedges for squeezing over.
This will make anyone love the lentil. Deliciouso.