This delicious drink is a classic from New Orleans. We learned our recipe from Paul Maloney at the Stockade Tavern in Kingston NY. It is very tasty. We also have filmed a video to accompany this recipes, and it can be found on our youtube channel, "Rock and Roll Veg"
- 1/2 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 oz. fresh lime juice
- 3/4 oz. simple syrup (sugar dissolved in water)
- 2 oz. gin
- 1 1/2 oz. heavy cream
- 3-4 small drops orange flower water
- 1 egg white
- Combine the lemon and lime juices, simple syrup, gin, heavy cream, orange flower, egg white and 1 or 2 ice cubes, into a cocktail shaker and give it about a 10 second shake.
- add a lot of ice to almost fill the cocktail shaker and shake the heck out of it – a good 30 to 60 seconds.
- pour drink into a tall juice glass, without the ice (strained out) 3/4 way up to the top.
- add 1 oz. club soda, and tamp down the glass a few times to settle just a little bit.
- add another oz. of club soda to the remainder in the cocktail shaker and add to top off the cocktail, again straining the mixture (keep out the ice).