This thai tofu in black bean sauce is good served over pad thai rice noodle or any noodles. It’s also good with rice.
- 3 medium chopped onions
- 1 1/2 cups firm tofu, cut into bit-sized cubes
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 small hot chili, finely chopped
- 1 cup snow peas or 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup black bean sauce (buy from thai section in market)
- 1 tsp. shredded lemongrass
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp. minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup water
- In a large skilled, heat the oil and fry the tofu until browned. Remove from skillet.
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger, chili and lemongrass and cook for 1 minute.
- Add carrots and peas and cook for another minute.
- Add the cooked tofu. Stir in the black bean sauce and water. Simmer briefly & serve.