Vegan Chocolate Pudding!! I’ve been trying to make this for years. Finally, a brainstorm – let’s try a thickening agent to help with the process of firming up the pudding. Without the thickening agent, the result is a very thin or non-set pudding. This recipe works wonderfully, solves all the problems and is absolutely scrumptious. Enjoy!! We know you will.
- 1 package Cook & Serve Jello pudding – (it’s easy!! and delish). We used the large 6 1/2 cup servings box.
- 1 T. arrowroot dissolved (stirred or shaken with tight lid) in 1/2 cup cold soy milk
- 2 /12 additional cups of plain UNSWEETENED soy milk
- Pour dry packet ingredients into sauce pan and add 2 1/2 cups of the soy milk.
- Heat on medium, stirring constantly for about 4 minutes.
- Pour the arrowroot and soy milk mixture into the pudding.
- Continue to cook on heat, stirring constantly until mixture boils.
- Pour into bowls and refrigerate.
There you go. Eat it hot or cold. Try it with vanilla pudding too. You can even make pudding pie now.