Who doesn’t love Pancakes. Recipes for homemade vegan pancakes can be hard to find. This one is totally fantastic. Thanks to Whitey Sterling of the Umbrella Brigade for sending it to us!
“Pancake is both a delicious food and an irrational number–the cube of which is a waffle.” -wfs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 T. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups plain soy milk or rice milk
- 2 T. vegetable oil
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- about 2 T. earth balance margarine for cooking the pancakes
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl and stir by hand until mixture is combined. add the wet ingredients and stir well. Batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Heat non-stick pan or griddle and melt a small amount of margarine for cooking a few pancakes at a time.
- When griddle is hot, (test by adding a drop of water to the pan – when it starts boiling the pan is right) add batter in small amounts, depending on how large you’d like the pancakes.
- Cook pancakes for a little while on the first side. There will be bubbles that form on the pancake. When the bubbles pop, the pancake is ready to be flipped.
- Flip, and cook another minute or two until second side is golden brown.
Pancakes are great, especially with real maple syrup, or powdered sugar, or fruit on top. This makes ten 4″ pancakes.