Vegetable chowder is just one heck of a healthy and delicious dish.
- 1/2 cup carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cups white rice, uncooked (yes, uncooked!)
- 6 cups vegetable broth or 6 cups water and 3 vegetable broth cubes
- 1 large potato, diced (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery,finely chopped
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes, drained or fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup soymilk (plain unsweetend)
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped (we use shitake caps)
- 1 small yellow zuccini, chopped (2/3 cup)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients except soymilk in a large stew pot, and bring to boil.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add soymilk and bring to almost a boil. Serve.